Dermal filler are composed of naturally occurring acids found in skin and soft tissue. These acid gels augment the bony structures of the face and add volume. When used in the correct plane, dermal fillers subtly rejuvenate the face by replacing volume loss associated with ageing and enhancing your natural facial features.
Dermal fillers are commonly used to add definition to cheekbones and jawline and soften lines around the mouth and nose. Fillers also work well in the lip area to add volume and definition. When done by an expert injector, the outcome is subtle and luscious. It's very common to want to enhance your natural features and dermal fillers offer a low cost and non surgical approach to achieve your desired look.
There is a significant amount of skill and training required to use dermal fillers. Your injector needs to be aware of facial anatomy (muscles and blood vessels) to prevent complications. We also consider how to place filler so it appears natural- some filler types are injected deeply whilst others need to placed in the skin. At Thrive Skin Clinic we do not like an "overfilled" face and we will strive to produce a natural result.
Fillers are not permanent and the results last up to 9-12 months.
- Works well with Hydrafacial, anti-wrinkle injections, laser especially Resurfx and chemical peels.
- A daily home treatment with active ingredients and sun cream is encouraged to maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
- Not suitable in pregnancy or breast feeding.
- If you have had a cold sore in the treatment area we advise using antiviral medication before and after your treatment. Talk to us about this before your appointment
1 hour, includes application of topical anaesthetic
Every 6 - 12 months
Allow 2 weeks for the product to have the full effect.
Downtime / aftercare
Mild bruising, swelling, lumps or asymmetry is common and will settle in 2 weeks
No flying or extremes of temperature for 2 weeks post injection.
We offer a competitive price for dermal fillers therapies:
Example prices for common treatments:
- Subtle Lips: $500/ml
- Big lips: $600/ml
- Peri-oral lines $500/ml
- Cheeks/Jaw from $650/ml
Discounts apply for combination treatments- see Packages page.
* Due to Australian Medical Board guidelines we are unable to advertise brands of dermal fillers. We use premium TGA approved products and this should be taken into consideration if comparing prices.