Platelet Rich Plasma Facial
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is one of the fastest growing treatments in the cosmetic world and is championed by many celebrities to keep their skin glowing and youthful. PRP is the ideal treatment for those seeking a natural and chemical free approach to skin rejuvenation and health.
PRP is a safe because it is sourced from your own blood - hence the name "vampire" facial. After collecting your blood in the clinic, we separate the blood components and inject your own PRP into the treatment area.
PRP is ideal to rejuvenate sun damaged skin, improve fine lines and regenerate thin skin around the eyes, neck and décolletage. It also improves skin tone such as dark circles around the eyes and scarring/stretch marks.
Because it is a natural process, the results of PRP take at least 3 months to become evident however the positive impact of PRP can last over a year.
PRP can be needled into the skin manually which takes great skill. We also use our Dermapen 3 on a deep setting to infuse the PRP which minimises bruising.
- Works well in combination with Resurfx laser
- We advise at least 2 weeks of prescribed skin care before and after your treatment to enhance efficacy & recovery
- If you have had a cold sore in the treatment area we advise using antiviral medication before and after your treatment. Talk to us about this before your appointment
- A daily home treatment with active ingredients and sun cream is encouraged to maintain healthy, beautiful skin
- Not suitable if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not suitable for those with Immune disorders or people taking immune suppressing medications
- Avoid taking medications and supplements that reduce platelet activity for 2 weeks before and after your treatment (e.g. Ibuprofen, Vitamin E)
1 hour including the application of topical anaesthetic
Monthly sessions over 3 months with maintenance every year.
Time before special event
Plan your special event 4 weeks after your last treatment (i.e. 4 months in advance)
Downtime / aftercare
Redness, swelling and bruising are common and settle in 3-5 days. Bruising may take 1- 2 weeks to settle. Using a dermapen reduces these effects.
- Perioral/ periorbital: $300
- Full face: $600
- Add on neck: $300
- Add on decolletage: $400
- Add on both $500
Discount of 20% for 3 prepaid sessions